1. Learn to love sleeping along. You might not always have someone to hold you in their arms. Wrap your arms around yourself and feel safe. You are your own home, no one else is.
2. If you want to sleep in, sleep in. If you want to wake up with the sun, wake up with the sun. If you want to spend the whole day in bed, you can. Don’t waste your life asleep, but don’t let anyone make you feel bad for being rested and spending a day doing nothing.
3. Stop associating food with guilt. Eat what makes you happy, eat what tastes good, eat when you’re hungry, and don’t apologize for it. Eat the damn cake.
4. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for the way you feel. Your feelings are valid simply because you feel them.
5. Let go of hate. Hatred resides in you like a rock sitting at the bottom of your stomach. You have to carry it around and feel its weight all the time. Let it go and see how much lighter you feel.
6. Just because you don’t talk to someone every minute of every day does not mean that you aren’t loved or cared about by this person. Relying on someone’s constant attention is toxic. Don’t mistake codependency for love.
7. Don’t drink to forget. I promise it never works. You might forget everything else, but you’ll always be left with the one thing you wanted to forget in the first place.
8. Do things for the right reasons. Be kind for the sake of being a kind person, not so people will think you are a kind person. Follow this rule in all things.
9. If they fuck someone else, you walk out the damn door. Do not make excuses for someone who does not value you.
10. It is okay to be single. Completely single. Without anyone you text when you’re lonely or who tells you you’re beautiful or even someone to flirt with. You have yourself, and often this is the only person you’ll have, so learn to be complete with just your company.
11. Just because it won’t make you a lot of money doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pursue it.
12. Work hard at what you love. Pursue it wholly. If you want to spend your life doing what you love, you better be damn good at it, so work your ass off for it.
13. Write things down all the time. Even if they seem insignificant. In 20 years you’ll thank yourself.
14. Think long term. In five years, will what you’re investing your time and energy in still be important to you? Will it still matter? Are the people you’re with the most the same people you want to grow old around? If the answer is no, make changes. Be better, do better, embrace change.
It’s 12 at midnight and I should be sleeping but all I can think about is how every atom of my soul felt that afternoon when you pressed your lips against mine. It was as if galaxies grew inside my chest and every broken piece in my soul was put together. And we kissed till our lips burned and we kissed till there was no breath left and we kissed till laughter oozed out of your heart and I remember I smiled. I smiled because you laughed and goddamn there’s nothing better than the taste of laughter. I remember feeling safe. Your hands were the bed and your chest was the pillow, you lips were my comfort and your heart was my home. Every time you wrapped your arms around me it felt like nothing could go wrong. It felt like there was a universe in my body instead of just an off beat heart and broken ribs . It felt like the sky was blue again. It felt like you were under my skin and for that moment I wasn’t rubbing myself to stop the chills from rising. Oh that day baby you kissed me so deep I forgot whose air I was breathing. And for a moment not being able to breathe felt right. I touched you. My naked heart was so close to your naked heart that I could feel it dancing towards me. Oh you hugged me so tight and you whispered in my ears in that voice of yours that could make flowers grow. You whispered that you loved me and you apologised for everytime you fucked up. And you hugged me tighter and we spooned and I fit into you so perfectly and you said you’d never leave. And I believed you. For once it felt like you were gonna stay. So I gave up the idea of being without you.
But fucking hell you left. And maybe a part of me knew but it still hurt you know?
So I’m guessing things change, feelings fade and people move on. What once meant the world turns into a little speck of dirt. And now it’s 12 at midnight and you’re sleeping and I’m lying awake thinking about you. Or what we could have been.
Mahi Roy @fuckttractive (http://fuckttractive.tumblr.com)
Allergies are weird as heck. You can snap a humans leg in half and they can recover but if you eat this peanut u dead
Let’s raise children who wont have to recover from their childhoods
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT I STOPPED BREATHING
me at the club picking up girls: hey how are you doing. I would ask for your number but I already know it. you’re #1. I’ll call you later
The Alnwick Poison Garden is pretty much what you’d think it is: a garden full of plants that can kill you (among many other things). Some of the plants are so dangerous that they have to be kept behind bars. [x]
Hey tumblr! Did you know that if you suffer from depression / anxiety or any other mental illness, you can register your dog as an emotional support animal, making it illegal for a landlord to refuse to rent to you? That’s right. No breed restrictions, no weight restrictions, no matter what, they are not allowed to refuse.
This includes cats, rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, etc.!! Go here to register your pet as an ESA :~)
*rihanna voice* don’t tell me you’re sorry ‘cuz you’re not
Id be quite happy not to see tomorrow’s sunrise
Anderson Cooper saving a boy in Haiti during a shooting. A slab of concrete was dropped of the boys head.
Anderson fucking Cooper, everyone.
Some journalists like to be strictly observers. they don’t intervene, they don’t participate. they just document what they see, even if what they see is terrible. But the way I see it, journalists don’t exist in a vacuum. They are human beings, living and working in a very human environment. And that humanity is essential in relating to their stories. When you lose your humanity, you lose any kind of journalistic integrity you have left.